It's a busy time at Lancaster Farming. And for good reason.
We're getting set to cover this year's Farm Show, which starts on Jan. 8.
Reporters and correspondents will be providing wall-to-wall coverage of ag's big week in Harrisburg.
But this year's event might produce some big news.
Gov. Ed Rendell will be addressing his last Farm Show, so it will be interesting to hear what he has to say as his term as governor winds down.
It will be interesting to see if Gov-elect Tom Corbett will be roaming the halls of the Farm Show Complex. After all, the Pittsburgh native received a ton of support from the state's ag community in this year's election.
And there is a good chance that with Corbett's term about to begin, he could use the Farm Show as the outlet to name his secretary of agriculture.
Plenty of names are being thrown out, but nothing concrete has leaked, at least not to us.
Back to our coverage, we're planning a lot of it. Cameras will be rolling at several events as we will be shooting video for the first time to post on our website.
Anne Harnish, our food and family features editor, will be covering cooking contests, bid calling and everything in between.
Charlene Shupp Espenshade, a farmer herself and our special sections editor, will also be around covering stories.
Leading up to the show, we will have numerous articles and features on the people that make the farm show tick.
We will also have a complete schedule of events in our Jan. 1 issue.
Stay tuned, the best is yet to come!
Recent Blog Entries
- Practicing Persistence - 11/25/2013 - Life in the Farm Lane
- Dairy Princess Diary: Talking Turkey - 11/18/2013 - Dairy
- Trash or Treasure - 11/11/2013 - Life in the Farm Lane
- Milk Production Up, Class III Price $18.22 in October - 11/5/2013 - Dairy
- Md. Princess Dairy Diary: Fall Fun - 10/31/2013 - Dairy
- Healthy Food Findings Fall Short - 10/29/2013 - Life in the Farm Lane
- Cow of the Week: Mowry’s Poker Precious - 10/21/2013 - Dairy
- Just How Much Work is She Worth? - 10/18/2013 - Life in the Farm Lane
- Fast Dinner Idea – French Bread Pizza - 10/16/2013 - Life in the Farm Lane
- Cow of the Week: Snow Valley Legacy Sandy - 10/15/2013 - Dairy