TIMONIUM, Md. — Wearing a tuxedo under the spotlight, judge Chris Lahmers of Marysville, Ohio, evaluated 12 entries during the Maryland Holstein Futurity Thursday, Aug. 29, at the Maryland State Fair.
Winning the banner, blanket and flowers was the big, black cow exhibited by Mary Smith of My Lady’s Manor Farm in Monkton, Md., Ladys-Manor Alexander Bronx. Bronx was also the top producing cow of the show.
Richard Schwartzbeck of Union Bridge, Md., won the Special Jackpot Award given by the Maryland State Fair.
The Maryland Holstein Futurity is sponsored by the Maryland Holstein Association.
The full results of the Maryland Holstein Futuriy are as follows:
1. Lady-Manor Alexander Bronx, Mary Smith, Monkton, Md.
2. MD Maple Dell After Inez, Derek Patrick, Woodbine, Md.
3. MS Peace&Plenty GW Alvina-ET, Byron and Bud Stambaugh, Westminster, Md.
4. Greenlea TM Real-AB-Red-ET, Cassidy Schirmer, Galena, Md.
5. Ladys-Manor Gold Dallas-ET, Mary Smith and Dr. Jenny Miller
6. Greenlea-TM Atwood B-ET, Wayne and Cindee Savage, Knoxville, Md.
7. Ladys-Manor Atlanna, Mary Smith
8. Savage-Leigh LL Starlena-ET, Wayne and Cindee Savage
9. Ehrhardt Jasper Lively, Ehrhardt Farms, Baldwin, Md.
10. Peace&Plenty GW Visine A-ET, Richard Schwartzbeck
11. TTM Princess Gold Prize-ET, Richard Schwartzbeck
12. Ehrhardt Goldwyn Lindy, Ehrhardt Farms Inc