- 1 pound fresh cauliflowerets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup french-fried onions, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a Dutch oven, bring 12 cups water to a boil. Add cauliflower and beans; cook, uncovered, just until beans turn bright green, 1-2 minutes. Drain and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Stir in french-fried onions; set aside.
In the same skillet, heat butter and remaining oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms and shallot; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually whisk in broth and seasonings. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in ham, sour cream, yogurt and reserved vegetables. Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, until bubbly, 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture before serving.