- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1-1/8 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-1/8 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 to 4 ounces canned, diced jalapeno peppers
- 15-ounce can corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve 2 tablespoons for garnish)
- Green onions, for garnish
Mix cream cheese and 1 cup each of Cheddar and Monterey cheeses, along with jalapeno peppers, corn, bacon and garlic powder. Spread into an 8x8-inch pan. Sprinkle with remaining cups of Cheddar and Monterey cheeses and reserved bacon. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes. Turn oven to broil on low and heat another minute or two to brown the cheese slightly. Be careful not to burn it.
Serve warm with chips or bread.
Source: Iowa Corn/Mandy Bird