Episode 53: On this week’s show, we check in with the gang at Floyd’s of Leadville – Floyd Landis, Jake Sitler and Wayne Bendistis – who bring us up to speed on their endeavor to contract Pennsylvania farmers to grow high-quality, organic hemp for their line of nationally distributed CBD products. And check it out: They aren’t drying the crop like everybody else, but instead are freezing it cryogenically.
Then we hear from Peter Hughes of Red Barn Consulting who tells us about the 15-foot CBD harvester he just bought, capable of harvesting 10 to 12 acres of CBD hemp a day.
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Production Runs Year-Round for Koch Family
- Pastures Prove Profitable for Small-Scale Operation
- Owners In No Rush to Leave Their Tricentennial Farm
- Dean Foods Files for Reorganization
- National FFA Convention ‘Life Changing’ for Maryland Youth
- Produce Propels Farm to 130-Year Milestone
- Stewardship & Sustainability Drive NY Beef Farm
- Dairy Farmers Use Grants to Stay in Ag
- Demand for Veterinarians Growing
- Preserving Farmland Requires Thought & Time