On this week's podcast we talk to Allen Wagner, a greenhouse grower from Altoona, Pennsylvania, who's been in the greenhouse business for 45 years — wholesale, retail, geraniums, plants of all kinds. But not too long ago the box stores moved in and started eating up his market share — and nearly put him out of business.
But when the 2018 Farm Bill was signed into law, and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture lifted the acreage cap and opened up the permitting process for industrial hemp, Allen Wagner and Wagner's Greenhouses went all in.
He's got greenhouses full of high CBD hemp seedlings for sale right now. Call him: 814-946-0788. Tell him you heard him on the podcast.
Give a listen.
This show was sponsored in part by:
The National Hemp Association
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Not So Peachy
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt