On this week's podcast we talk to Allen Wagner, a greenhouse grower from Altoona, Pennsylvania, who's been in the greenhouse business for 45 years — wholesale, retail, geraniums, plants of all kinds. But not too long ago the box stores moved in and started eating up his market share — and nearly put him out of business.
But when the 2018 Farm Bill was signed into law, and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture lifted the acreage cap and opened up the permitting process for industrial hemp, Allen Wagner and Wagner's Greenhouses went all in.
He's got greenhouses full of high CBD hemp seedlings for sale right now. Call him: 814-946-0788. Tell him you heard him on the podcast.
Give a listen.
This show was sponsored in part by:
The National Hemp Association
February 15, 2020
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Southern Maryland Hosts Hands-On Charcuterie Workshop
- Ag Officials Seek Increase in Dog License Fees
- Custom Butchers Adapt to 21st Century
- Hedging Your Bets: Buffers Have Benefits
- McElwains Honored With York County Century Farm Award
- Behind the Scenes of Sheep-to-Shawl Competing
- Samurai Wasps Released to Combat Stink Bugs
- Keynote Dives Into Glyphosate
- Despite Uncertainties, Delaware Grower Optimistic About Hemp
- Teacher Receives Distinguished Ag Award