On this week's podcast we talk to Allen Wagner, a greenhouse grower from Altoona, Pennsylvania, who's been in the greenhouse business for 45 years — wholesale, retail, geraniums, plants of all kinds. But not too long ago the box stores moved in and started eating up his market share — and nearly put him out of business.
But when the 2018 Farm Bill was signed into law, and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture lifted the acreage cap and opened up the permitting process for industrial hemp, Allen Wagner and Wagner's Greenhouses went all in.
He's got greenhouses full of high CBD hemp seedlings for sale right now. Call him: 814-946-0788. Tell him you heard him on the podcast.
Give a listen.
This show was sponsored in part by:
The National Hemp Association
August 24, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 2020 Farm Show Youths Must Take Online Course
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Passion for Livestock Shines in Garrett County
- Chicken Company to Aid Organic Transition
- A Pennsylvania Tree for Pennsylvania Avenue
- Eclectic Mix Helps Small Farm Thrive
- Generational Trends for Food Shopping and Obtaining Nutrition Information
- Elizabethtown Fair Brings Cousins Together
- Redding Outlines Plan to Push Pennsylvania to the Top in Organics
- Christmas Tree Growers Discuss Spotted Lanternfly