On this week's episode we talk to National Hemp Association Executive Director Erica McBride Stark about her recent trip to Washington DC, where she met with the Senate ag committee to discuss the implementation of the hemp provisions within the 2018 Farm Bill.
Her main concerns are the lack of banking services for hemp farmers and businesses, and the importation of hemp products from foreign countries that could potentially flood the market, making things difficult for American farmers.
We also check back in with Lancaster County hemp farmer Tom Culton who is growing multiple acres of CBD hemp this year and has real concerns about pollination drift from nearby hemp farms.
This week's show is sponsored by NAU Country Insurance Company, now offering Industrial Hemp Crop-Hail Protection. Learn more at https://www.naucountry.com/
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt
- Not So Peachy