On this week's episode we talk to National Hemp Association Executive Director Erica McBride Stark about her recent trip to Washington DC, where she met with the Senate ag committee to discuss the implementation of the hemp provisions within the 2018 Farm Bill.
Her main concerns are the lack of banking services for hemp farmers and businesses, and the importation of hemp products from foreign countries that could potentially flood the market, making things difficult for American farmers.
We also check back in with Lancaster County hemp farmer Tom Culton who is growing multiple acres of CBD hemp this year and has real concerns about pollination drift from nearby hemp farms.
This week's show is sponsored by NAU Country Insurance Company, now offering Industrial Hemp Crop-Hail Protection. Learn more at https://www.naucountry.com/
August 24, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 2020 Farm Show Youths Must Take Online Course
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Passion for Livestock Shines in Garrett County
- Chicken Company to Aid Organic Transition
- A Pennsylvania Tree for Pennsylvania Avenue
- Eclectic Mix Helps Small Farm Thrive
- Elizabethtown Fair Brings Cousins Together
- Generational Trends for Food Shopping and Obtaining Nutrition Information
- Redding Outlines Plan to Push Pennsylvania to the Top in Organics
- Christmas Tree Growers Discuss Spotted Lanternfly