Episode 72: In these divisive and hyper-partisan times, it’s refreshing to hear about Republicans and Democrats working together. On this week’s podcast, we talk to Representative Margo Davidson, a Democrat from the 164th Legislative District in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, and Representative Russ Diamond, a Republican from the 102nd Legislative District in Lebanon County, who have formed an informal industrial hemp caucus in the Pennsylvania State House in effort to educate their fellow lawmakers on hemp and to ensure that all citizens of the Commonwealth can benefit from what Diamond calls an “economic boon” for the state.
Then we hear from John Crye of Hempwood, a Kentucky company that has developed a process to turn hemp fibers into wood for flooring, furniture, and more.
Representative Margo Davidson
Representative Russ Diamond
USDA Hemp Crop Insurance Programs
Upcoming Hemp Events
Keystone Hemp Conference, March 4, 2020
Hempcrete Workshop, March 7, 2020
Penn State Lehigh Valley’s Business of Cannabis Conference, March 11, 2020
PA Hemporium, March 13, 2020
OpCanna Conference and Seed Sale, April 17-19, 2020
Lancaster DHIA Hemp Survivors’ Workshop, February 27, 2020
February 15, 2020
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Samurai Wasps Released to Combat Stink Bugs
- Southern Maryland Hosts Hands-On Charcuterie Workshop
- Ag Officials Seek Increase in Dog License Fees
- Custom Butchers Adapt to 21st Century
- Hedging Your Bets: Buffers Have Benefits
- McElwains Honored With York County Century Farm Award
- Behind the Scenes of Sheep-to-Shawl Competing
- Long Island Couple Find Passion in Cannabis Farming
- Grain Farmers’ Mishaps Costing Vineyards Millions
- Despite Uncertainties, Delaware Grower Optimistic About Hemp