What does world class cyclist Floyd Landis have to do with industrial hemp? As it turns out, quite a bit. Lancaster County native and one time winner of the Tour de France, Landis opened a CBD café in Leadville, Colorado, and launched a very successful brand of CBD products -- Floyd’s of Leadville. The prodigal son has returned to Lancaster County to open Floyd’s of Lancaster with another accomplished Lancaster County cyclist, Jake Sitler. The team is working with local farmers to develop a full line of Pennsylvania-produced CBD products made from Pennsylvania-grown industrial hemp. The interview with Landis and Sitler touches on Landis’s controversial backstory while focusing on the hemp industry, their relationship with farmers, and their plan for success in the city of Lancaster.
July 20, 2018
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Posies in the Park: Horticulture Key to Knoebels’ Appeal
- Hemp Test Lands Seller Behind Bars
- Small Trees Help Orchard Reach 100 Years
- The Wizard of Gap: Inventor William Chester Ruth
- A Dream That Wouldn’t Let Go
- Asian Long-Horned Tick Threatens Livestock & Humans
- New York Dairy Industry Finds a Bright Spot
- Ford Fordson Collectors Hold Annual Show
- Whole Community Has Role in Conservation
- New Holland Sheep and Goat Auction - 7/8/19