Episode 26 of the Industrial Hemp Podcast gathers perspective from various places. First we talk to Pennsylvania Senator Judy Schwank about the new Senate bill that clears the way for CBD to be used as an ingredient in food and cosmetics. Then Penn State Extension educator Jeff Graybill shares words of caution for farmers as they make their journey into hemp. Bill Roberts describes the vision of the hemp steering committee that is working with the state ag department to jump start the industry in Pennsylvania. And finally we visit with Tom Culton, the first farmer to grow hemp in Hempfield, PA, in over 80 years.
September 21, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Son’s Arrest While Rescuing Cows Adds to Family’s Barn Fire Ordeal
- Harvesting, Drying, Trimming & Curing Industrial Hemp Flower
- For Melissa Whitenight, Milking Time Is Family Time
- Advice From a Conservation-Minded Farmer
- Hemp Growers Face Start-Up Challenges
- Soybean Growers Continue to Face Challenges
- Wil-Roc Farm Grows Despite Struggling Dairy Economy
- New Holland Sheep and Goat Auction - 9/9/19
- Lewes Farmers Market’s ‘Living Lab’ Presented Around the World
- New Holland Monday Cattle and Calves Auction - 9/9/19