Episode 26 of the Industrial Hemp Podcast gathers perspective from various places. First we talk to Pennsylvania Senator Judy Schwank about the new Senate bill that clears the way for CBD to be used as an ingredient in food and cosmetics. Then Penn State Extension educator Jeff Graybill shares words of caution for farmers as they make their journey into hemp. Bill Roberts describes the vision of the hemp steering committee that is working with the state ag department to jump start the industry in Pennsylvania. And finally we visit with Tom Culton, the first farmer to grow hemp in Hempfield, PA, in over 80 years.
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt
- Not So Peachy