Susquehanna Mills is an oil seed processor in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, where the owner Josh Leidhecker started growing hemp on a research permit in 2017, since then he’s added substantial hemp acreage to his farming operation, as well as a line of hemp related products to his processing business. We talk to Josh about getting started in hemp, why he considers his operation to be “full circle” and what he thinks other farmers need to consider before jumping into industrial hemp. Also on the show, we discuss some current hemp events, including Groff North America’s recent Hemp Farmer Supper and Canopy Growth’s acquisition of a Berks County hemp company. Episode 28.
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Why We Still Believe in Dairy
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League