Susquehanna Mills is an oil seed processor in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania, where the owner Josh Leidhecker started growing hemp on a research permit in 2017, since then he’s added substantial hemp acreage to his farming operation, as well as a line of hemp related products to his processing business. We talk to Josh about getting started in hemp, why he considers his operation to be “full circle” and what he thinks other farmers need to consider before jumping into industrial hemp. Also on the show, we discuss some current hemp events, including Groff North America’s recent Hemp Farmer Supper and Canopy Growth’s acquisition of a Berks County hemp company. Episode 28.
August 24, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 2020 Farm Show Youths Must Take Online Course
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Passion for Livestock Shines in Garrett County
- Chicken Company to Aid Organic Transition
- A Pennsylvania Tree for Pennsylvania Avenue
- Eclectic Mix Helps Small Farm Thrive
- Elizabethtown Fair Brings Cousins Together
- Generational Trends for Food Shopping and Obtaining Nutrition Information
- Redding Outlines Plan to Push Pennsylvania to the Top in Organics
- Christmas Tree Growers Discuss Spotted Lanternfly