On this week’s show we talk to Jay Burstein of BugOut Guitars in Randolph, Vermont, where he’s been making guitars and ukuleles out of industrial hemp. These guitars and ukes are super durable, extremely playable, and are made for adventure. Burstein tells the story of how he first started making stringed instruments and why he ultimately was compelled to build them from hemp fibers. These instruments illuminate yet another possibility for industrial hemp – and this time it’s musical.
Check out: http://www.bugoutguitars.com/
September 14, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Harvesting, Drying, Trimming & Curing Industrial Hemp Flower
- For Melissa Whitenight, Milking Time Is Family Time
- Evolving the Century Farm
- New Maryland Farm Bureau Director Focused on the People
- Hemp Growers Face Start-Up Challenges
- Compost Key to Sequestering Carbon in the Soil
- Pie Baker Eyes Farm Show Competition and Beyond
- Identifying and Studying Pests in Industrial Hemp
- Advice From a Conservation-Minded Farmer
- Perry County Teen Shows Grand Champ