Of the tens of thousands of uses of industrial hemp, one of the most practical is as a building material known as hempcrete, created by mixing the inner woody core of the hemp plant, known as the hurd, with lime. It’s lightweight, insulating, naturally mold-resistant, and strong. An innovative company from Alberta, Canada, has gone a step further and has patented a structural hempcrete block that fits together like Lego. On today’s show we talk to one of the founders of Just BioFiber — Michael deChamplain — about the blocks and how they are capturing carbon and the hearts of green builders.
August 24, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 2020 Farm Show Youths Must Take Online Course
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Passion for Livestock Shines in Garrett County
- Chicken Company to Aid Organic Transition
- A Pennsylvania Tree for Pennsylvania Avenue
- Eclectic Mix Helps Small Farm Thrive
- Elizabethtown Fair Brings Cousins Together
- Generational Trends for Food Shopping and Obtaining Nutrition Information
- Redding Outlines Plan to Push Pennsylvania to the Top in Organics
- Christmas Tree Growers Discuss Spotted Lanternfly