The 2018 Farm Bill has passed both Houses and is awaiting the president’s signature, which is expected this week. How is this going to affect farmers in Pennsylvania? What will become of the state’s hemp pilot program? On the first part of the show we talk to Pennsylvania Secretary of Agriculture Russell Redding to find out. Then we talk to eighth generation fruit farmer, first generation hemp farmer Leighton Rice from Adams County, PA, about his first year of growing hemp, the lessons he learned and his advice for farmers who are thinking about growing industrial hemp in the future.
July 20, 2018
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Posies in the Park: Horticulture Key to Knoebels’ Appeal
- The Wizard of Gap: Inventor William Chester Ruth
- Asian Long-Horned Tick Threatens Livestock & Humans
- New York Dairy Industry Finds a Bright Spot
- Back in Black: Hereford Cross Boosts Performance
- Whole Community Has Role in Conservation
- Tobacco Harvest Can Leave You Feeling Green
- State OKs killing of wolf pack members preying on cattle
- Sisters Making Their Dairy Dream Come True
- New Holland Sheep and Goat Auction - 7/8/19