Exciting news from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture this week announcing the lift of the acreage cap on industrial hemp, a move that will usher in a new age of hemp in Pennsylvania by opening up the crop to commercial production. We talk to PA Hemp Industry Council executive director Erica Stark and Purple Peace Hemp founder Jessie Johnson about these changes and what they mean for farmers in the state. Plus, we hear from Jordan Sinclair of Canopy Growth Corporation, the Canadian cannabis company that recently announced plans to build a hemp industrial park in New York State.
August 24, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 2020 Farm Show Youths Must Take Online Course
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Passion for Livestock Shines in Garrett County
- Chicken Company to Aid Organic Transition
- A Pennsylvania Tree for Pennsylvania Avenue
- Eclectic Mix Helps Small Farm Thrive
- Elizabethtown Fair Brings Cousins Together
- Generational Trends for Food Shopping and Obtaining Nutrition Information
- Redding Outlines Plan to Push Pennsylvania to the Top in Organics
- Christmas Tree Growers Discuss Spotted Lanternfly