Exciting news from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture this week announcing the lift of the acreage cap on industrial hemp, a move that will usher in a new age of hemp in Pennsylvania by opening up the crop to commercial production. We talk to PA Hemp Industry Council executive director Erica Stark and Purple Peace Hemp founder Jessie Johnson about these changes and what they mean for farmers in the state. Plus, we hear from Jordan Sinclair of Canopy Growth Corporation, the Canadian cannabis company that recently announced plans to build a hemp industrial park in New York State.
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Why We Still Believe in Dairy
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt