What’s the industrial hemp program like in the great state of New York? We spend some time with Commissioner Richard Ball of the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets to find out. We’ll hear about the permitting process for growers, available grant money for growers and processors, what farmers should be doing now to prepare for hemp, and we’ll hear about the plans for that new hemp processing plant recently announced by Canopy Growth Corporation.
Also, here's the link to WGAL TV's story about our Industrial Hemp Podcast: http://wgal.com/article/industrial-hemp-may-be-industry-to-watch/26080443?src=app
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League
- Not So Peachy