On episode 12, we talk to professor of poultry science and poultry nutrition at Penn State University, Dr. Paul Patterson, about the components of a balanced poultry diet and how the nutritional profile of hemp seed might be beneficial to the poultry industry, especially the organic poultry industry, thanks in part to hemp’s comparatively higher levels of the essential amino acid methionine. Dr. Patterson also has some great ideas for hemp research projects. Give a listen.
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Why We Still Believe in Dairy
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt
- First Farm Bill Reaches Wolf