This episode of Lancaster Farming's industrial hemp podcast features a conversation with Jon Cohn, the founder and CEO of Agronomed Pharmaceuticals and Agri-Kind Hemp in Chester County, Pennsylvania, where he grew 62 acres of industrial hemp with a research permit from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. We discuss the challenges of a first-year hemp crop, the permitting process, how CBD is extracted, medical marijuana, and what farmers could be doing now to prepare themselves for growing hemp.
August 24, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 2020 Farm Show Youths Must Take Online Course
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Passion for Livestock Shines in Garrett County
- Chicken Company to Aid Organic Transition
- A Pennsylvania Tree for Pennsylvania Avenue
- Deliteful Dairy Celebrates Official Opening
- Eclectic Mix Helps Small Farm Thrive
- Generational Trends for Food Shopping and Obtaining Nutrition Information
- Swine Fever Risk Real for Pennsylvania
- Redding Outlines Plan to Push Pennsylvania to the Top in Organics