This episode of Lancaster Farming's industrial hemp podcast features a conversation with Jon Cohn, the founder and CEO of Agronomed Pharmaceuticals and Agri-Kind Hemp in Chester County, Pennsylvania, where he grew 62 acres of industrial hemp with a research permit from the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture. We discuss the challenges of a first-year hemp crop, the permitting process, how CBD is extracted, medical marijuana, and what farmers could be doing now to prepare themselves for growing hemp.
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League
- Why We Still Believe in Dairy
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt