The Farm Bureau has supported the reintroduction of industrial hemp as a commodity crop for many years. In fact, Mark O’Neill, communications director for the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, says that without the lobbying efforts of Farm Bureau, industrial hemp would still be classified as a schedule 1 narcotic. On this episode of the podcast, we talk to O’Neil and his colleague, Bill Neilson, the director of Commodities and Compliance at Pennsylvania Farm Bureau. We hear what the Farm Bureau is doing to help farmers navigate this new world of industrial hemp. Plus, a few announcements and listener emails. Give a listen.
June 22, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Lanternfly Sighted in York County
- Electronic Ear Tags to Be Required for Cattle
- No-Till CBD Hemp Planting Underway
- Fair Exhibitors Pan Swine Rule
- Bedded Pack Makes Life Easier for Cows & People
- Dairy Farmers Rally for Whole Milk
- Lancaster Farming Moving to New Press
- Family Dairy Draws Brothers Back From the Ivy League
- Farmers Markets Add Fun, Education with Scavenger Hunt
- Not So Peachy