The Farm Bureau has supported the reintroduction of industrial hemp as a commodity crop for many years. In fact, Mark O’Neill, communications director for the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau, says that without the lobbying efforts of Farm Bureau, industrial hemp would still be classified as a schedule 1 narcotic. On this episode of the podcast, we talk to O’Neil and his colleague, Bill Neilson, the director of Commodities and Compliance at Pennsylvania Farm Bureau. We hear what the Farm Bureau is doing to help farmers navigate this new world of industrial hemp. Plus, a few announcements and listener emails. Give a listen.
August 24, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 2020 Farm Show Youths Must Take Online Course
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Passion for Livestock Shines in Garrett County
- Chicken Company to Aid Organic Transition
- A Pennsylvania Tree for Pennsylvania Avenue
- Eclectic Mix Helps Small Farm Thrive
- Generational Trends for Food Shopping and Obtaining Nutrition Information
- Elizabethtown Fair Brings Cousins Together
- Redding Outlines Plan to Push Pennsylvania to the Top in Organics
- Christmas Tree Growers Discuss Spotted Lanternfly