Episode 69: This week we talk to seed breeder Joe Ullman from Atlas Seed Company where they're bringing to market two autoflower varieties of industrial hemp this year. We explore the benefits of autoflower and why it’s perfect for commercial production of CBD, especially in light of the new USDA rules. We also get into plant spacing, growing practices and more.
Then we hear an interview recorded at the Hemp Innovators meeting last week at the Lancaster Farm & Home Center. Steve Groff turned the tables on podcast host Eric Hurlock and asked him a bunch of questions about industrial hemp.
Atlas Seed Co.
Comment on the USDA hemp Rules before January 29, 2020
February 15, 2020
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Samurai Wasps Released to Combat Stink Bugs
- Ag Officials Seek Increase in Dog License Fees
- Southern Maryland Hosts Hands-On Charcuterie Workshop
- Custom Butchers Adapt to 21st Century
- Hedging Your Bets: Buffers Have Benefits
- McElwains Honored With York County Century Farm Award
- Behind the Scenes of Sheep-to-Shawl Competing
- Long Island Couple Find Passion in Cannabis Farming
- Grain Farmers’ Mishaps Costing Vineyards Millions
- Keynote Dives Into Glyphosate