On this week’s show we talk to Matt Chambers and Darius Soltes, co-founder/broker and chief science officer, respectively, at Supplant Commodities, an industrial hemp brokerage firm based in Denver, Colorado.
The company works as a bridge between farmers, processors and manufacturers to facilitate trade and further the industry nationwide. Chambers talks about the changes coming soon to the industry, speculating government subsidies and a hemp futures market that will spur industry growth.
Supplant Commodities is involved in all aspects of industrial hemp, from fiber to biomass to flower, and is especially keen to supply the growing demand for “sustainable plant-based paper and plastic consumer products”, according to supplantcommodities.com.
This week's episode is sponsored by Wagner’s Greenhouses in Altoona, Pennsylvania, where they’ve got high CBD hemp seedlings available now at good prices. Call 814-937-4056.
July 13, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Posies in the Park: Horticulture Key to Knoebels’ Appeal
- The Wizard of Gap: Inventor William Chester Ruth
- Whole Community Has Role in Conservation
- New York Dairy Industry Finds a Bright Spot
- Tobacco Harvest Can Leave You Feeling Green
- Asian Long-Horned Tick Threatens Livestock & Humans
- Back in Black: Hereford Cross Boosts Performance
- State OKs killing of wolf pack members preying on cattle
- Sisters Making Their Dairy Dream Come True
- Looking Back at Five Days of Winners in Schnecksville