This week’s show features an in-depth conversation with Todd Palcic, the president of Thar Process, an industrial hemp processing company in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
Palcic explains the extraction process, what farmers need to be aware of when working with a processor, and why the company decided to go all in on industrial hemp this year. He also explains the importance of working with an accredited processing facility.
We also talk to Erica Stark from The National Hemp Association about her concerns with CBD flower, and we check in with Steve Groff about his hemp field day at his farm in Holtwood, Lancaster County this Wednesday.
National Hemp Association
September 14, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- For Melissa Whitenight, Milking Time Is Family Time
- Harvesting, Drying, Trimming & Curing Industrial Hemp Flower
- Advice From a Conservation-Minded Farmer
- Hemp Growers Face Start-Up Challenges
- Humans Can Spread Swine Fever, or Stop It Cold
- New Holland Monday Cattle and Calves Auction - 9/9/19
- New Holland Sheep and Goat Auction - 9/9/19
- Compost Key to Sequestering Carbon in the Soil
- Apples Are Appealing at Champlain Orchards
- Veteran Invests in the Spirit of Agriculture