This week’s podcast episode is highlight reel of USDA’s recent 2018 Farm Bill Listening Session on Domestic Hemp Production that was held March 13, 2019. The USDA invited public comments in order to help inform their process of drawing up regulations and guidelines for the hemp industry in the United States. Comments were made by several agriculture departments from hemp growing states, cannabis industry professionals, lobbying groups and lawyers, and Native American tribes. The session was led by USDA Agricultural Marketing Service Administrator Bruce Summers.
September 14, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Harvesting, Drying, Trimming & Curing Industrial Hemp Flower
- For Melissa Whitenight, Milking Time Is Family Time
- Evolving the Century Farm
- Hemp Growers Face Start-Up Challenges
- Compost Key to Sequestering Carbon in the Soil
- Advice From a Conservation-Minded Farmer
- Pie Baker Eyes Farm Show Competition and Beyond
- Humans Can Spread Swine Fever, or Stop It Cold
- New Maryland Farm Bureau Director Focused on the People
- Perry County Teen Shows Grand Champ