This week’s podcast episode is highlight reel of USDA’s recent 2018 Farm Bill Listening Session on Domestic Hemp Production that was held March 13, 2019. The USDA invited public comments in order to help inform their process of drawing up regulations and guidelines for the hemp industry in the United States. Comments were made by several agriculture departments from hemp growing states, cannabis industry professionals, lobbying groups and lawyers, and Native American tribes. The session was led by USDA Agricultural Marketing Service Administrator Bruce Summers.
November 16, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Dean Foods Files for Reorganization
- Entertainment and Entertaining Help Farm Thrive
- Marylanders Learn ‘Everything About Hemp’
- Production Runs Year-Round for Koch Family
- Family Farm Doubles as a Pheasant Hunting Preserve
- Chicken Respiratory Diseases Can Be Confusing
- Too Many Heifers Can Be Costly For Dairies
- Heart-Felt: Wool Dryer Balls Made by Huntingdon County Farmer a Sustainable Option for Christmas
- The Versatile Casserole Revisited
- Hard Cider Production Is Focus of DIY Cider Camp