On this week’s Industrial Hemp Podcast, we talk to Cornell University horticulture professor Dr. Larry Smart, one of the leaders of the hemp research team at Cornell. We discuss his long term study of the shrub willow as a bio-energy source and how that research prepared him for working with hemp. We talk about hemp genetics, the implications of hemp’s dioecious nature, the challenges and promises of industrial hemp, and what farmers can do to avoid getting the short end of the stick as this industry develops.
Photo: © Cornell University
July 20, 2018
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Posies in the Park: Horticulture Key to Knoebels’ Appeal
- The Wizard of Gap: Inventor William Chester Ruth
- Asian Long-Horned Tick Threatens Livestock & Humans
- New York Dairy Industry Finds a Bright Spot
- Back in Black: Hereford Cross Boosts Performance
- Whole Community Has Role in Conservation
- Tobacco Harvest Can Leave You Feeling Green
- State OKs killing of wolf pack members preying on cattle
- Sisters Making Their Dairy Dream Come True
- New Holland Sheep and Goat Auction - 7/8/19