The latest Lancaster Farming podcast goes to Dearborn, Michigan, where Ford Motor Company research scientist Debbie Mielewski turns plants into car parts. This interview shines a light on the potential market for industrial hemp fueled by the automobile industry’s evolution towards sustainability.
As featured on
Debbie Mielewski, the senior technical leader of sustainable and emerging materials at Ford Motor Co. Research in Dearborn, Michigan, has spent the past 20 years developing what she calls “greener, better-for-the-planet materials.”
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Award-Winning Winery Thrives Under Winemaker’s Enthusiasm
- Lancaster Farmacy’s Holiday Wreaths Are Something Special
- Vermont Farmers Struggle with Harsh Weather
- Pennsylvania: Smelly Hemp Plant Must Halt
- The Versatile Casserole Revisited
- Collaboratively, Heltzels Prepare Boers for Farm Show
- Colonial Tavern Hosts Holiday Lunch
- Will the Private Sector Get a Crack at Reducing Nutrient Pollution in Pennsylvania?
- Tractors and Tinsel Light Up the Season & Promote Agriculture
- Mud snail halts trout deliveries from Arizona fish hatchery