On this week's podcast we talk to Allen Wagner, a greenhouse grower from Altoona, Pennsylvania, who's been in the greenhouse business for 45 years — wholesale, retail, geraniums, plants of all kinds. But not too long ago the box stores moved in and started eating up his market share — and nearly put him out of business.
But when the 2018 Farm Bill was signed into law, and the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture lifted the acreage cap and opened up the permitting process for industrial hemp, Allen Wagner and Wagner's Greenhouses went all in.
He's got greenhouses full of high CBD hemp seedlings for sale right now. Call him: 814-946-0788. Tell him you heard him on the podcast.
Give a listen.
This show was sponsored in part by:
The National Hemp Association
July 13, 2019
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- Ag Leaders Come Together for Conference
- Whole Community Has Role in Conservation
- Tobacco Harvest Can Leave You Feeling Green
- With Growing Goat Market, Hauler Plans Contracts
- Back in Black: Hereford Cross Boosts Performance
- Historic Hemp Powerhouse Lancaster County Has Many Farmers Trying the Crop This Year
- Thousands Revved Up for Red Power at Bloomsburg
- Guided by Faith: Dairy Family Reflects on Year Since Dean Foods Termination
- New Holland Sheep and Goat Auction - 7/1/19
- New York Dairy Industry Finds a Bright Spot