The Maryland State Fair and Agricultural Society Inc. has awarded college scholarships with a combined value of $10,000 through its F. Grove Miller Maryland State Fair Scholarship Program, named in recognition of chairman ereritus and honorary board member, and the Marlin K. Hoff Scholarship Program, named in memory of a former board member.
The F. Grove Miller Scholarship annually recognizes the importance of education and youth participation in the fair. This year, the society awarded four $2,000 scholarships to Maryland youths who have participated as exhibitors at the fair and who are enrolled in a four-year college, post-secondary college or trade school. Applicants completed an essay and made a video on the impact of their experience participating in the fair and how the scholarships will benefit them with the career goals.
Winners of the 2021 Miller Scholarship are:
- Kylan Keehan of Bel Air in Harford County, who attends James Madison University.
- Courtney Schrader of Earleville in Cecil County, who attends Salisbury University.
- Allison Stoner of Taneyville in Carroll County, who attends Carroll Community College.
- Lynne Thomas of Fallston in Harford County, who attends West Virginia University.
The Hoff scholarship is awarded to a Maryland youth exhibited at the fair, has carried a dairy project, and is enrolled in a four-year college, post-secondary college or trade school.
Winner of the 2021 Hoff Scholarship is:
- Dylan Hill of Kennedyville in Kent County, who attends University of Delaware.
For more information, contact Edie Bernier at 410-252-0200, ext. 225, or firstname.lastname@example.org.