- 1 (3-ounce) package blueberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 2-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1-1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (3-ounce) package raspberry Jell-O
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (optional)
- Whipped topping and additional berries, if desired
Dissolve blueberry Jell-O in 1 cup boiling water and stir in 1 cup cold water. Add blueberries. Pour into a 3-quart serving bowl or a 9x13-inch pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
In a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water and let stand for 1 minute. Add cream and sugar; cook and stir over low heat until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Spoon over blue layer. Refrigerate until firm.
Dissolve raspberry Jell-O in remaining boiling water and stir in remaining cold water. Add raspberries. Spoon over cream layer. Chill until set. Top with additional whipped cream and berries if desired.
I never bother adding raspberries. This may not be a quick dish to make during busy summertime, but is a very refreshing, not so sweet, dessert to serve at a picnic. It’s well worth the time to make it.
Wishing everyone a healthy and beautiful summer.
Recipe by Irvin and Jolene Newswanger, Shawn, 10, Caleb, 7, and Jared, 4, Morgantown, Pennsylvania