Mrs. Meyers really does make "The Best Lasagna!" This unconventional take on this Italian staple will make you coming back for more.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound sausage
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups packed spinach, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta in salted water. Drain. Rinse with hot water.
- Brown sausage with onion and garlic.
- Add sauce.
- In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan and spinach.
- Coat a 9x13-inch pan with oil.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce, 3 noodles, 1/4 of cheese mixture, 1 cup meat sauce, 1/2 cup of Mozzarella and 3 noodles. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.