- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sour cream
- Browning sauce, optional
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 cup french-fried onions, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in oil over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in the sour cream, browning sauce (if desired), salt and pepper until blended. Add green beans and cheese; stir to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
In a small bowl, melt butter. Stir in crushed crackers and fried onions; sprinkle over casserole. Bake until casserole is bubbly and top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.