Lancaster Farming continues to GROW with circulation of over 59,000 copies weekly, with over 160 pages of news and advertising each week and is the #1 agriculture newspaper in the mid-Atlantic region. Our print products coupled with our website www.LancasterFarming.com are a leading source of news and information for the farming and Ag communities we serve.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join our editorial staff as a Markets Editor at our Ephrata facility. Job with primary responsibility for gathering, producing and formatting markets reports from various resources such as the internet, email and fax for publication in Lancaster Farming.
The duties and responsibility of this position include, though are not limited to, the following:
- Gather and format farm commodity market information through various sources.
- Take photographs and write stories as needed.
- Adhere to deadlines and be prompt with all assignments
- Peer edit stories from other writers and editors
- Back up food and family living section when needed
- Proofread news content
- Develop and cultivate positive relationships with content sources
- Project a professional, positive and enthusiastic image during the performance of duties.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Flexibility with schedule
- Update markets section of website
- Any other duties or tasks as determined by supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or related experience
- Experience in an agriculture related field, business, communications, or media (preferred).
- Demonstrated experience in news and editorial writing
- Display ability for attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent grammar, spelling and keyboarding skills
- Outgoing personality, motivated
- Excellent communication skills & good business sense
- This is a Full Time position.
Lancaster Farming's parent company, Steinman Communications, seeks employees who are GREAT Every Day! We offer a competitive salary,
access to a robust benefit package, and a stable and forward moving career environment.