Less than a blink of an eye separated the top three in the LONGINES FEI World Cup™ Jumping Final I Speed Round on Thursday evening. Two-time Olympic gold medalist McLain Ward (USA) of Brewster, New York claimed the victory on HH Azur, stopping the Longines timers in 59.27 seconds, just fractions of a second ahead of Henrik von Eckermann (Sweden and Mary Lou with 59.58. Two-time defending World Cup™ Champion Steve Guerdat (Switzerland) was third on Bianca in 60.06 seconds.
Click on the cover image at left to read the new online edition of Mid-Atlantic Horse, the largest-circulation equine magazine in Eastern United States.
- Kentucky Derby winner Country House retired with foot injury
- Maine Senate overrides governor's veto on sports betting
- Mucho Gusto runs away, wins the $3 million Pegasus World Cup
- Bricks and Mortar pulls off Eclipse Awards sweep
- John Imbriale takes over as race caller at New York's tracks
- Trainer Bb Baffert earns 3,000th win with Thousand Words at Santa Anita
- Storm the Court among 347 horses eligible for Triple Crown
- Kentucky Derby gets new starting gate for 2020 race