News from North & South
- Spotted Lanternfly Permit Classes Offered
- Conservation Tillage Field Day Planned
- Stewardship Workshop Monday August 5 in Lancaster
- Check Your Rhododendrons
- Farm Market Pros Invited to Tour Virginia
- Penn State to Hold Pesticide Applicator Course
- Hemp Twilight Meeting Will Cover Industry Regulations
- No-Till Field Day Set for July 25
Most Recent Columns & Editorials
As a parent or caregiver, there are several preventive measures you can take to protect your youth from opioid abuse. Research shows that effective parenting skills can help prevent drug abuse and other risky behaviors among children and adolescents.
In the U.S., all food and food labeling, except for meat, poultry and eggs, are regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. Meat, poultry and eggs are regulated by the USDA and often individual state departments of agriculture.
My home county of Lebanon is one of the 14 Pennsylvania counties under a spotted lanternfly quarantine, while Centre County, home of Penn State, is not currently quarantined. This makes it my responsibility to make sure that I’m not taking this hitchhiker bug with me to cheer on the Nittany Lions.