Paul Manning admits that if he just relied on shipping milk, there wouldn’t be enough income to let one of his sons join the family business, let alone all three. Manning Farm Dairy has been bottling and selling milk since 1939, and making ice cream since 1964, there was an opportunity for his sons to become the fourth generation involved with the farm.
August 17, 2009
Take a look at what we have to offer in Lancaster Farming: crop research, market reports, business trends, scientific innovation and more.
- 200-Year-Old Barn Could Face Wrecking Ball
- State Hay Show Is Serious Business for This Farmer
- NRCS Programs to Become More Farmer-Friendly
- Fourth-Generation Butcher Ready to Cut Back
- Bell & Evans Introduces Transitional & Long-term Organic Grain Contracts to PA Farmers
- This Old House
- Adirondack Park Growing With New Farmers
- Renowned equestrian trainer George Morris banned for life
- Hemp Appeal Apparent at PSU Field Day
- Despite Lower Numbers, Frederick County Beef Show Has High Quality